Last Updated: April 11th 2022
About our terms
The Platform is operated by BizGive Limited (referred to in this document as “We” “Us” “Our”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales with Company Number 10504290 and our registered office is at 741 Wandsworth Road, London, United Kingdom, SW8 3JF.
We may amend these User Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Platform, please check the User Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These User Terms were most recently updated on 11th April 2022.
We do not guarantee that our Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Platform for business and operational reasons.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
You shall be solely responsible for keeping your password and other account details confidential and you must not disclose your password and other account details to any other person.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account details or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use our Platform:
- In any way that is illegal, unlawful or fraudulent;
- For the purpose of harming minors or bullying or humiliating any person;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or to upload terrorist related content.
You also agree:
- To use our Platform in accordance with standards of decency and lawfulness;
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Platform in contravention of the provisions of these terms; and
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Platform.
These standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Platform (a “Submission”).
BizGive will determine, in its discretion, whether a Submission breaches the Submission Standards.
A Submission must:
- Conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness;
- Not be defamatory, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, discriminatory or inflammatory;
- Be accurate (where it states facts) or be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- Be the user’s own original work and be lawfully submitted;
- Not promote any illegal content or activity or be in contempt of court.
- Not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Not impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Platform constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
BizGive has the right to create, use and disclose patterns, trends and other insights by:
- aggregating data supplied by you, including any Submissions and personal data together with other data in an non-identifiable, anonymised manner; and/or
- comprising anonymous learnings, logs and data regarding use of the BizGive Platform.
Any data used and collected shall not identify the user nor contain any personally identifiable information. Any data collected or used in accordance with this right shall belong to BizGive and we may use this data for any lawful business purposes including (without limitation) to develop, provide, operate, maintain and improve BizGive products and services.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our Platform or any services provided via, or in relation to, our Platform. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in the Platform (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trademarks and logos), are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any content or accessing our Platform.
You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Platform, however you are not permitted to download any page(s) or extracts from the Platform for your personal use.
You agree also agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through this Platform.
You shall at all times treat the content accessed on the Platform (the “Content”) as confidential. You are only authorised to share the Content on this Platform in accordance with these User Terms and shall not otherwise disclose any Content to third parties.
While we try to make sure that the Platform is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable.
Where our Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
Your privacy and personal information
Nothing in the Agreement shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable and shall not, in aggregate, exceed the higher of £100.
Funder terms and conditions
In order to make an application to an organisation offering awards through our Platform (a “Funder”), you will be required to agree to and comply with each Funder’s individual terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are separate from these User Terms. By agreeing to the Funder’s terms and conditions you acknowledge that you are entering into a direct contract with the Funder and BizGive has no liability, obligations or other involvement in respect of that contract.
Any application made and subsequent award received from a Funder shall be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to by you at the time of making the application. BizGive shall have no other involvement or liability in relation to your application, award or use of any award that may be received as a result of an application made through this Platform or for any failure to comply with a Funder’s terms and conditions.
BizGive reserves the right, where it considers necessary, to take the following actions:
- Temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use our Platform;
- Immediately and temporarily or permanently remove any Submission made or uploaded by you to our Platform.
- Issue a warning to you.
Our actions are not limited to the above and we may take any other action we deem reasonably appropriate in the circumstances.
We do not guarantee that our Platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Platform. You should use your own virus protection software.
The Platform may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Platform. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Platform do not represent our views or values.
The content on our Platform is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Platform, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Platform is accurate, complete or up to date.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and any dispute between you and us regarding them will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England or outside the United Kingdom, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom or the applicable country or state in which you live will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there.
Contacting us, support and complaints
If you have any questions, require support in respect of your use of the Platform or if you think the Platform or Services are faulty or mis-described, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.